Limiting factors of pg_largeobject - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Limiting factors of pg_largeobject
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,
   pg_largeobject uses a loid identifier for the loid. What do we think it
would take to move that identifier to something like bigint? I don't really
know the underlying internals of pg_largeboject but it does seem that
if we made it have:
  1. A larger identifier  2. An identifier that is not typed to the underlying system (oid)  3. The ability to be
indexed
  We may benefit. Am I on crack?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake