Re: Cron-job for checking up on pg_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Cron-job for checking up on pg_autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
Markus Wollny wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I haven't found anything in terms of startup- and check-scripts for
>pg_autovacuum yet; usually I like to have some sort of mechanism to
>check if some daemon is running and restart it if it isn't.

Agreed, this needs to be improved.  In the long term, pg_autovacuum
should be started and stopped with the postmaster.  However, as it is a
contrib module right now, it won't happen.

I know I heard from at least one person who said they were running it
from there inittab with respawn, which seems like overkill.