Problems compiling from CVS - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From John McCawley
Subject Problems compiling from CVS
Date
Re: Problems compiling from CVS  (Jean-Michel POURE <jm@poure.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello all,

First of all, great work on the wx/C++ port!  I had contributed a little
bit to the VB pgAdmin2 a little over a year ago when C++ discussions
first started.  I was amazed to see this wx port completed so quickly!

At the time I was (and still am) working on a datamodeler for postgres
(http://www.hardgeus.com/projects/pgdesigner/).  At the time it was in
FLTK but I became frustrated with the library, so I switched to wx.  I
have had quite a bit of interest in the project, but I have never really
gotten enough inertia to overcome a couple of the GUI humps I've hit.  I
thought I'd try to give a go at merging my codebase into pgAdmin3 so
here I am.

I compiled the wxGTK snapshot located at the mirrors and was able to
also compile the version of pgAdmin3 in pgadmin3-1.0.1.tar.gz.  However,
when I pulled pgAdmin3 from CVS I got the following errors:

/usr/local/include/wx/generic/calctrl.h: In member function `bool
   wxCalendarBox::Create(wxWindow*, int, const wxDateTime&, const wxPoint&,
   const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&)':
/usr/local/include/wx/generic/calctrl.h:247: `wxControl*
   wxCalendarCtrl::GetYearControl() const' is private
ui/calbox.cpp:105: within this context
/usr/local/include/wx/generic/calctrl.h:246: `wxControl*
   wxCalendarCtrl::GetMonthControl() const' is private
ui/calbox.cpp:139: within this context
ui/calbox.cpp: In member function `void
   wxCalendarBox::OnText(wxCommandEvent&)':
ui/calbox.cpp:436: no matching function for call to
`wxCalendarEvent::SetDate(
   wxDateTime&)'

I tried using the wxGTK snapshots in both
wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20030831.tar.gz and
wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20031010-2.tar.bz2 but both gave me the same error.

Is there a newer wxGTK snapshot I should be using with the CVS version
of pgAdmin3?

John