Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marek Lewczuk
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Uz.ytkownik Jean-Michel POURE napisa?:

> For me, this makes 60% of the market at least.
> A 1% to 60% is not a small difference, it is a real gap.

Don't forget that success isn't always connected with technical things
(very good example is MySQL :-)) - PostgreSQL needs a good marketing,
clear strategy and identity. But for sure Win32 port will be a huge step.

There are other databases which have Win32 native version and aren't so
popular (like Firebird...)... So my proposition to PostgreSQL's team is
to think also about SMI -> Strategy Marketing Identity...