Re: logical column position - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: logical column position
Date
Re: logical column position  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Right -- AFAICS, the only change in COPY compatibility would be if you
> COPY TO'd a table and then changed the logical column order in some
> fashion, you would no longer be able to restore the dump (unless you
> specified a column list for the COPY FROM -- which, btw, pg_dump
> does). I don't think it will be a problem, I just thought I'd mention
> it.

Well it's the same problem as if you'd dropped a column in the middle of
the table.

BTW, one main consideration is that all the postgres admin apps will now
need to support ORDER BY attlognum for 7.5+.

Chris