Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Derek Morr
Subject Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I think I have some more information on the statistics collector startup
problem on Solaris.

I inserted the following into pgstat.c:

if (bind(pgStatSock, addr->ai_addr, addr->ai_addrlen) < 0)
{

/* what type of socket are we trying to bind? */
fprintf(stderr, "Address family is %d\n",     addr->ai_addr->sa_family);

}

This returns a value of 26, which on Solaris is AF_INET6. But the
machine I'm using (a V880 running 2.8) has no IPv6 address on any of its
interfaces. And addr->ai_addr->sa_data is empty, so it's no surprise why  bind() is failing.

I'm not sure why Solaris is giving getaddrinfo_all an IPv6 address, though.

-derek