Re: Large tables, copy-and-paste, default sql - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Large tables, copy-and-paste, default sql
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:

>>1. Tree view that shows the list of tables: When I click on a
>>table that contains relatively large number of rows (20M+),
>>it takes pgAdmin a very, very long time to show the
>>respective CREATE clause for the table. It appears that
>>pgAdmin is forcing pgSql to count rows in the table, though I
>>may be wrong. Is there a way to avoid the delay?
>>

>pgAdmin checks the estimated row count before actually counting rows.
>You can set the threshold that will prevent counting under
>Tools->Options.

Please note that there is  a float interpretation problem in 1.0.0
(7.6e6 -> 7 instead of 7000000), which leads to wrong table size
estimated values (and thus wrong thresholds for automatic row counting).

Regards,
Andreas