Re: Large tables, copy-and-paste, default sql - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Large tables, copy-and-paste, default sql
Date
List pgadmin-support

pgAdmin checks the estimated row count before actually counting rows.
You can set the threshold that will prevent counting under
Tools->Options.

> 2. pgAdmin Query/Sql tool: It'd be nice if there was a way to
> copy data from the "data output" tab. I know it can be
> exported, but many times I need just a small piece of data
> and it'd be nice to just copy-and-paste.

You can copy individual values using the normal keysequences such as
Control-C for copy. Currently you cannot select regions of cells for
copy/paste - I'm not sure how feasible this is right now, though I can
see the usefullness of it.

> 3. pgAdmin Query/Sql tool: IMHO, it be better if Sql/Query
> tool window opened blank, i.e. without prepopulating it with
> SQL of the item that had focus when Query tool was launched.
> Most of the time (99%), I remove default SQL, it does not do
> me any good.

There is an option to prevent this under Tools->Options.

Regards, Dave.