Re: Bug in Rule+Foreing key constrain? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Bug in Rule+Foreing key constrain?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Michele Bendazzoli wrote:

> I have found a strange behaviour that I don't know if is a bug or not.
>
> I have three tables:
> * abilitazione with a primary key of (comuneid, cassonettoid, chiaveid)
> * cassonetto with a primary key of (comuneid, cassonettoid)
> * chiave  with a primary key of (comuneid, chiaveid)
>
> and two foreign key from abilitazioni to cassonetto and chiave tables
> respectivly. Here is the picture (I hope it will be clear)
>
>          cassonetto       abilitazioni       chiave
>     |comuneid    |--> |comuneid    |<---|comuneid|
> PK ->    |cassonettoid|--> |cassonettoid|    |        |
>                   |chiaveid    |<---|chiaveid|
>               |abilitata   |

Not entirely. On which table(s) are the REFERENCES constraints and are
they separate per column constraints or are they multi-column constraints?

It's usually best to cut'n'paste the CREATE TABLE or ALTER TABLE
statements that are used to create the constraints. That way we know
exactly what you're talking about.

Jan