Re: strange postgresql failure - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: strange postgresql failure
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tomasz Myrta wrote:

> Dnia 2003-10-30 12:32, Użytkownik Tomasz Myrta napisał:
>> After few seconds all backends were disconnected and postgres restarted.
>> It didn't help :-( Even reboot didn't help...
>>
>> Postgres is  7.3.2-2 on Debian Woody.
>
> Sorry for my panic. It was my C function which raised segmentation fault.
>
> Anyway it would be nice to have some human readable control over C
> functions...

There is, sort of ... it's called "core" and if your backend and C
function shared object have been compiled with symbol information you
can use a debugger to get a stack trace and look at variables. If that's
not "human readable" ... well ... I suppose I'm not human.

Jan