Re: strange postgresql failure - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tomasz Myrta
Subject Re: strange postgresql failure
Date
List pgsql-sql
Dnia 2003-10-30 18:33, Użytkownik Jan Wieck napisał:
> There is, sort of ... it's called "core" and if your backend and C
> function shared object have been compiled with symbol information you
> can use a debugger to get a stack trace and look at variables. If that's
> not "human readable" ... well ... I suppose I'm not human.

I know I can load core into gdb...
I thought about some kind of message before postgres restarts. I read in
syslog that backend terminated with segmentation fault signal and
probably corrupted shared memory. It didn't help me to find what really
happened. I was wondering if it is possible to know the real reason of
restart and leave some message in syslog just before postgres restarts.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta