Re: Constraint Bug - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Constraint Bug
Date
List pgadmin-support
Trevor McGing wrote:

>Please find attached three files, 2 pg_dump files from both posgres versions, and a schema genorated by pg Admin 2, i
couldnot find away to do this in version 3. The schema was created before the migration, I tried to produce one after,
butpgAdmin 2 had problems with postgres 7.3.

>I get the same issue, pgAdmin 2 shows the constrants, and pgAdmin 3 does not.
>
>If I create a constraint with pgAdmin 3, pgAdmin 2 reflects that change.
>
>Hope these files help you.

OK Trevor,
the 7.2 dump works for me. It uses constraint triggers, as I suspected.
pgAdmin3 suppresses constraint triggers, because they're working behind
the scene and  are not intended to be modified by users (for 7.3 and up).
When I run the script against 7.4, the script succeeds, and no
constraint is shown because there is no pg_constraint entry. There's the
script contrib/adddepend, which adds the missing rows.

I updated the FAQs.

Regards,
Andreas