Constraint Bug - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Trevor McGing
Subject Constraint Bug
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

Platform Windows XP

Distribution you used (Binary pgAdmin 3 )

I have been using pgAdmin 2 under dbexperts postgresql 7.2 for windows.  Where I created a database.

I have just upgraded to dbexperts Postgresql 7.3.4 for windows, migrated the database from one version to the other and I am now using pgAdmin 3.  Everything seamed to be OK until I looked at the FK constraints.  At first I thought it was a problem with the migration, so I re-created the Contraints using pgAdmin 3, which there was no problem in doing.  However I then went back to pg Admin 2 to see if it would show the contraints as a check, it compained about duplicate contriaints being present.  After removing the Constraints that I had just added in pgAdmin 3, pgAdmin 2 allowed me to see the contraints without any errors.

To sum up pgAdmin 3 does not seam to be displaying the FK contraint information at all, either in the dialog boxes or the SQL code, and does not complain if you re-add a constraint that is already there.

I hope that this is of help to you.

regards
Trevor