Re: Newbie-question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Ayers
Subject Re: Newbie-question
Date
List pgsql-general
Victor Spång Arthursson wrote:
> Are presently converting from mysql to postgresql, and my first
> newbiequestion is how to make all the rows in a result from a select
> just "swosh" by? That is, I dont want to see them page for page; just to
> scroll by so I can se the last line with the number of corresponding rows.

You seem to want to see the number of corresponding rows, not the stuff
"swish" by - or at least, I would hope you are more interested in the
count and not just text flying by...

In that case, do a "select count(*) from" SQL select...

Andrew Ayers
Phoenix, Arizona

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain
informationthat is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intendedaddressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use,
copy,disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
thismessage in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.