Re: Versioning control in PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: Versioning control in PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex Page wrote:> I haven't used PostgreSQL for nearly a year now, and when I
was last
> using it there was some discussion on versioning control being
> introduced as a feature. Basically, for some data, I'd like to keep
> track of who changed it, when, and to what. I know I could include
> multiple values in the schema, and have a view to pull out the most
> recent, but I was wondering if there was something more automatic that
> is a feature of PostgreSQL itself. I've looked around the documentation
> with no success. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Wouldn't a trigger on update (and insert) that writes to a 'changes' table do
what you want?

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com