Re: Recomended FS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Recomended FS
Date
List pgsql-general
Its worth checking - isn't it ?

I appeciate that you may have performed such tests previously - but as
hardware and software evolve its often worth repeating such tests (goes
away to do the suggested one tonight).

Note that I am not trying to argue away the issue about write caching -
it *has* to increase the risk of database corruption following a power
failure, however if your backups are regular and reliable this may be a
risk worth taking to achieve acceptable performance at a low price.

regards

Mark