HTML generation with PL/PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Birahim FALL
Subject HTML generation with PL/PgSQL
Date
Re: HTML generation with PL/PgSQL  (elein <elein@varlena.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm very fresh to PostgreSQL, coming from Oracle.
I want to developp web applications based on apache and postgresql.
Is there an equivalent of OWA server (Oracle Web Application server) for postgresql.
Shortly, OWA provides an apache module and a set of stored procedures/functions that generate html pages.

A simple example could be the following procedure :

procedure hello {
    htp.htmlOpen;
    htp.headOpen;
    htp.title("Simple test page");
    htp.headClose:
    htp.bodyOpen
    htp.print( htf.h2( htf.center( "This is a simple test page" ) ) );
    htp.paragraph;
    htp.print("Dynamic hello from Postgresql");
    htp.bodyClose;
    htp.htmlClose;
}

That would generate the following html code :

<head>
<title>Simple test page</title>
</head>
<h2><center>This is a simple test page</center></h2>
Dynamic hello from Postgresql

Is such a product exists (preferably opensource).
I'm ready to go for python etc, but I really wuld have to re-educate myself.....

Thanks in advance.
Bir