Re: Setting up DSPACE for Postgres access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Setting up DSPACE for Postgres access
Date
Re: Setting up DSPACE for Postgres access  (Ashwin Kutty <akutty@dal.ca>)
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 23 October 2003 18:07, Ashwin Kutty wrote:

> Now, the postgresql.jar gets pointed to twice; once from the script with
> the JARS var and the second with the pointing to it from the $CLASSPATH
> var set by me.  I even echo the $FULLPATH var right before it hits the
> java command and the echo brings up the huge PATH created by the script
> that contains the jar files and the directories.  I dont get however how
> the script can have it in the $FULLPATH var but not use it when sent to
> the command line?

Given everything else you've tried, I think you might be on the right track
here and somehow your environment variables are getting clobbered. How or why
I couldn't say (I'd suspect Tomcat, but you say you can't even run the
create-administator app).

The only other thing I can think of is that for some reason it's looking for
the wrong class. If dspace comes with the source, it might be worth checking
whether there isn't a mistake in the Class.forname() call.

I must admit, I don't know much java - can you use "strace" to track system
calls, or is there a similar utility that would let you see what files it is
searching for?
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd