Re: Very slow viewing of large table. - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Constantin Stefanov
Subject Re: Very slow viewing of large table.
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:

>>Thanks, I set that value to 0, and now I have the desired behaviour.
>>But, for that table the values are:
>>Rows(estimated) - 7
>>Rows(counted) - 77204608
>>I think the difference is too large. From the debug output I
>>could not understand the query which pg_admin issues to have
>>the value for estimated number of rows. Could you show me
>>that query so I could give it directly from psql to see
>>whether there is an error in my database stats or there is a
>>bug in pg_admin when interpreting query result?
>
> It works fine for me, so the query is probably right. When did you last
> run VACUUM ANALYZE on that table or database?
I have VACCUM ANALYZE every nignt and VACCUM FULL every week.

> The value comes from pg_class.reltuples which is updated by VACUUM
> ANALYZE:
>
> SELECT relname, reltuples FROM pg_class;
For my table there is
accounting# SELECT relname, reltuples FROM pg_class where
relname='ip_accounting';    relname    |  reltuples
---------------+------------- ip_accounting | 7.71493e+07
May be there is some overflow or incorrect result parsing?

--
Constantin Stefanov