Re: Recomended FS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Recomended FS
Date
List pgsql-general
I have found this as well -

I have a nice simple example of a program that loops and occasionally
writes a block to a file.
On a 2 cpu machine, running 2 of these processes in parallel takes twice
as long as running just 1 process!
However if I comment out the IO, then 2 processes takes the same elapsed
time as 1.

My conclusion is there exists some sort of "big" lock on access to the
ATA array.

I believe that 3ware have a non blocking implementation of ATA RAID -
I intend to sell the Promise and obtain a 3ware in the next month of so
and test this out.

regards

Mark