Re: Recomended FS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Recomended FS
Date
List pgsql-general
> I believe that 3ware have a non blocking implementation of ATA RAID -
> I intend to sell the Promise and obtain a 3ware in the next month of
> so and test this out.

I use 3Ware exclusively for my ATA-RAID solutions. The nice thing about
them is that
they are REAL hardware RAID and the use the SCSI layer within Linux so
you address
them as a standard SCSI device.

Also their support is in the kernel... no wierd, experimental patching.

On a Dual 2000 Athlon MP I was able to sustain 50MB/sec over large
copys (4+ gigs). Very, Very happy with them.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org