ERserver problems - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kris Kiger
Subject ERserver problems
Date
List pgsql-admin
I have two databases set up, one designated as a master (w/database
named masterdb) and one designated as a slave (w/ database named
slavedb).  My problem is that the two are inexplicably not replicating.
 First, I checked the replication.cfg files on each machine to verify
that the master and slave information was correctly set, it was.  Next,
I verified that there was no problem making a connection between the two
databases.  So, i'm concluding that there must have been some sort of
ERServer configuration error made.  I setup the master server with
ers_setup and respective params and the following tables/sequences were
created inside of the masterdb:

 public | _rserv_active_log_id_      | sequence | erserv
 public | _rserv_log_1_                   | table    | erserv
 public | _rserv_log_2_                   | table    | erserv
 public | _rserv_old_log_status_     | sequence | erserv
 public | _rserv_servers_                 | table    | erserv
 public | _rserv_servers__server_seq | sequence | erserv
 public | _rserv_sync_                     | table    | erserv
 public | _rserv_sync_seq_              | sequence | erserv
 public | _rserv_tables_                   | table    | erserv

Next, I created the slave using ers_addslave, with respective params,
and the following tables were created in slavedb:

 public | _rserv_slave_sync_        | table    | erserv
 public | _rserv_slave_tables_      | table    | erserv

I created one table, testrep1(test_id int, description text), on both
the master server and slave server and then ran ers_addtable
--table=testrep1 on the masterserver.  According the PostgreSQL Inc.'s
documentation, this command should propogate this information through
the master and slave servers.  ERserver created its unique key
(_ers_uniq) and appended it to the master server table, however, the
slavedb's testrep1 was not changed.  I restarted both ERservers using
ers_stop and then ers_start and then began inserting data into the
masterdb's testrep1.  The unique sequence was being iterated and
everything appeared to be working successfully, however, no action is
ever performed on the slave database.  In fact, both erserver tables
created on slavedb were never written to (no reference of testrep1).
 Any ideas?  Any help is much appreciated!

Kris