Re: German umlauts in pgadmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: German umlauts in pgadmin III
Date
List pgadmin-support
Albin Blaschka wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am confronted with a little problem in pgadmin III:
>
>Table cells and comments on database objects are not
>properly displayed if they contain a german umlaut.
>The table cells just contain  ", the comments (on tables,
>for example) are completly empty.
>In pgadmin II everything is okay, if I connect via
>ODBC/Access to the tables, the umlauts are properly
>displayed, too.

Umlaute are no ascii chars, so they can't converted to unicode.
V1.0.1 which was released some days ago has a workaround for miscoded
databases, leaving encoding conversions to the client if the db is
created SQL_ASCII.

Regards,
Andreas