Re: Parent Id - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gene Vital
Subject Re: Parent Id
Date
List pgsql-general
ok, I am new to Postgres so could you give a little better explanation
of this  ??

I haven't created any sequence for this I am just using a type serial
field. will I have to create a sequence for it?

Here is my code to create the tables

CREATE TABLE workstations (station_id INT4 PRIMARY KEY, name
VARCHAR(50), description VARCHAR(250))

CREATE TABLE wsoptions (option_id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, station_id INT4
REFERENCES workstations (station_id)  ON DELETE CASCADE, type
VARCHAR(20), data TEXT)

insert into workstations (name, description)
    values("new", "This is a test")

insert into wsoptions (stations_id, type, data)
    values( ????, "LOCATION", "10th floor outer, office 27")

thanks....

--
Eugene Vital
Any technology indistinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.