Re: FUD!! ODBC will not be supported by Microsoft in the future - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: FUD!! ODBC will not be supported by Microsoft in the future
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Currently we can only use forward-only read-only
cursors with 'Use Declare/Fetch' option. BDE
may need scrollable (and holdable ?) cursors so
as to use the ODBC driver effectively though I'm
not sure.

Non read-only applications have had some troubles
with 'Use Declare/Fetch' option, because PostgreSQL's
cursors could not live across transactions. In 7.4 we
would have holdable cursors which could live outside
transactions, so we would be able to implement the
option properly for 7.4 servers.

I'm planning to implement static read-only cursors
with 'Use Desclre/Fetch' option.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/