Re: Problems to be solved as soon as possible - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tomasz Myrta
Subject Re: Problems to be solved as soon as possible
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Dear Support Team,
>     We are hosting a website which was originally designed in some version of
> Debian Linux and having PostgreSQL as back end. The developers have made a
> script which creates several tables in the database. Some of the tables have
> datatypes like DateTime. When i run those scripts in PostgreSQL of Red hat
> Linux 7.2, they run perfectly. But when i run the same scrips in PostgreSQL
> of Redhat Linux 9.0, it displays an error message of "data type DATETIME not
> found."
>     So can you please guide me what changes i have to make in the script of
> creating tables at my end as a customer so that my application runs
> smoothly.

It looks like Postgresql problem, not a Redhat problem. Probably
datetime is some not longer supported datatype. General date and time
datatype is "timestamp". Try to change your "datetime" to "timestamp" -
it should help. Anyway, what versions your Postgresql rpm's have?

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta