Re: FTP directories - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Raphaël Enrici
Subject Re: FTP directories
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear all,
>The ftp directory on Snake has "beta" and "release" directories. Is it still
>worth publishing the "beta" directory? It could confuse users who may
>consider "beta" as a more recent work than "release".
>I would be in favor of removing the "beta" directory to keep it simple. The
>other solution would be to rename "beta" 0.9.2 and "release" 1.0.0.

The only problem I can see with removing the beta directory concerns
debian users who used to refer to this place for automatic update with
apt-get. Apt will give an error for these users. A polite way of
handling this would be to give a "page has moved" http answer when
requesting any page placed under beta/debian/
IMHO, we should consider this for next beta/non-beta releases.

Regards,
Raphaël