Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Rod,

That was tried once and needed to be pulled out.  That change ended up
breaking some code since there are some circumstances where '5' is not
the same as 5 in the parser.  I don't remember the details but they
should be in the maillist archives (or the cvs commit message for the
revert on the change).

thanks,
--Barry

PS.  Because of having tried and failed to fix this in the driver
before, I am gun shy on trying a fix again at the driver level.  The
server is the proper place for this to be fixed.  And I think it is in
7.4, but haven't verified that myself.