Re: Postgresql requirements - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Al Hulaton
Subject Re: Postgresql requirements
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
>>I am a brazilian web developer, and I need some help!
>>What about PostgreSql + cygwin + windows x86 performance?

Since cygwin is an emulation layer, when running PostgreSQL on it you
need to be careful with the number of concurrent connections you make to
it. For instance, our Mammoth PostgreSQL for windows application is
hard-coded to a maximum of 50 connections. For that reason we have seen
clients use PostgreSQL + Cygwin + Windows in development or low-load
environments.

I don't know how the planned native Windows version of PostgreSQL will
perform, but I imagine it'll be much more robust than the Cygwin
version. Still, the cygwin version is completely usable, just not as
scalable as a linux/unix solution.

--
Best,
Al Hulaton    |  Sr. Account Engineer  |  Command Prompt, Inc.