[Fwd: Re: [PHP] PHP and COPY] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DeJuan Jackson
Subject [Fwd: Re: [PHP] PHP and COPY]
Date
List pgsql-general
Forwarding my question over to here, got no answer on the pgsql-php list.

Hope someone can help.
such as?

To answer your question.  I have a order system on my local Postgres
(for multiple clients 50+), and need to have an offsite independent
database to drive orders for a website (for one client).
None of the replication solutions I have seen (at a resonable price)
allow me to limit the data being replicated by a specific field (which I
must do from a liability standpoint), so I'm rolling my own replication
using php as the scripting language.  I've got the data being
transferred using inserts just fine, but I would suspect a 50-300%
improvement in transfer speed if I could resort to COPY instead (I'm
inserting records in transactions of 500 rows each for testing).  One of
the tables that I need to replicate is a Multi-Gig table (which is about
the same size as all the others combined).