Re: Sorting Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: Sorting Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Perhaps the only way to get around the cache problem is to use an ISO-8859-x 8bit character set, but to have per table,
orper column encoding attributes. And of course, ways to access what those are, in the Postgres API. Good for speed,
butnot for easy storing of multiple language/encodings per column/table.