Re: [HACKERS] IS OF - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: [HACKERS] IS OF
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I suggest I should not be documented until it's fixed.
>>
>>> Doc patch attached for IS OF. Please apply.
>>
>> That is not the right place for it.  IS OF is an operator, not an SQL
>> command.
>
> OK. If the attached patch is acceptable/applied, I'll fix and resend the
> doc patch.

Hmmm, looks like I was a bit quick on the draw:

regression=# select f1 is null, f2 is null, f3 is null from foo;
  ?column? | ?column? | ?column?
----------+----------+----------
  f        | t        | f
  t        | f        | f
  f        | f        | t
(3 rows)

regression=# select f1 is of (int), f2 is of (text), f3 is of (float8)
from foo;
  ?column? | ?column? | ?column?
  t        | t        | t
  t        | t        | t
  t        | t        | t
(3 rows)

It worked correctly for constants, but not fields from a table :(

Back to the drawing board (suggestions welcomed).

Joe