Re: setFetchSize() bug? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: setFetchSize() bug?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Felipe Schnack wrote:
>   I don't know if Kim Ho's patch solved the problem... it was already applied? I could test it if it is.
>   (He sent it today)

The only way to be sure it is the right fix would be with some test
(which we would also add to the regression tests so it does not come
back again after we fix it).

I strongly suspect that the creation of the cursor statement for your
query failed.  It currently fails silently!  Yes, I know this is bad: I
have added a FIXME to my code.

Check if your query does not happen to be a DECLARE or a multiple query
(i.e., two or more queries separated by ';').  It would produce the
result you've seen.

Cheers,
Fernando

> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:21:07 -0400
> Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>There isn't enough information to debug this in the stack trace.  This
>>code seems fine and is there for some time already.
>>
>>Do you have a small example that could be used to reproduce the problem?
>>  It would make it easier for us to track it down.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Fernando
>>
>>Felipe Schnack wrote:
>>
>>>  I just found something about the way setFetchSize() is implemented in current CVS version of the driver, I'm
wonderingif it's a bug, probably it is. I just found that if you don't use server-side preparedstatements, the
followingexception is thrown (I sent this same exception earlier today). This is a bug? I can't understand it very
well....seems to me that the driver uses the statement's name as the cursor name??