Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial
Date
List pgsql-general
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 21:08, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>Is there a possibility of getting this in v7.5?
>
> Heres the things I think would have to happen to put this in 7.5
>
> 1) Resolve license issues (not bsd licensed)
> 2) Integrate it into the postgresql build system so it can work on all
> platforms.
> 3) Make it build against different versions of php
> 4) More people testing it in different situations.

Here's my list.

Minor issues/ general code cleanup:
1. eliminate '//' style comments
2. fix indentation

More significant:
2. Add support for array conversion in-out
3. Add support for set-returning functions
4. Add support for argument/return-value polymorphism
5. Incorporate recent improvements in function caching (ala PL/pgSQL)
6. Add documentation
7. Add regression test support
8. Modify for new ereport syntax and nested error contexts

Most significant:
9. Use PHP embed API instead of the PHP CLI (command line interface)
10.Fix license

Joe