Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 21:08, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 19:06, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >   As a recent flurry of activity has commenced within Command Prompt we
> > have released
> > upon this rather unround earth, plPHP. Yes it is trigger safe, yes you
> > can write UDF's in
> > PostgreSQL with PHP now.
> >
> >   Find it here:
> >
> >   http://www.commandprompt.com/entry.lxp?lxpe=260
>
> Is there a possibility of getting this in v7.5?

Heres the things I think would have to happen to put this in 7.5

1) Resolve license issues (not bsd licensed)
2) Integrate it into the postgresql build system so it can work on all
platforms.
3) Make it build against different versions of php
4) More people testing it in different situations.

FWIW I tried installing it on a system over the weekend, the trigger
feature seemed to work, and the complex array example function seemed to
work ok, but the basic simple echo example failed. I've subscribed to
the mailing lists, so we'll see if I can figure out where I went wrong.

Robert Treat