Problem with debian package version number - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Raphaël Enrici
Subject Problem with debian package version number
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dear all,

I did a big mistake when I began to number debian packages...
I versioned them like this :
pgadmin3-x.y.z-YYYYMMDD.w
where x.y.z is the pgadmin3 version number, YYYYMMDD is the snapshot tag
and w is a minor release number for the package.
As this is unofficial packages, I should have numbered the packages at
least like this :
pgadmin3-x.y.z-0.YYYYMMDD.w
This rule is better to handle future official release where the package
release number is greater or equal to "1".

What are you planning to do concerning the pgAdmin3 version number for
the beta release ?
Will this stay 0.8.0 ? Or will this become something else greater than
0.8.0 (would be nice...) ? Does someone has an idea of the date this
release is planned ?

Thanks all and sorry for this BIG mistake...

Raphaël