Asynchronous NOTIFY available? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Johann Uhrmann
Subject Asynchronous NOTIFY available?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

is there a way to register callback methods in the current JDBC driver
so it gets called when a specifiy "NOTIFY" occurs on the database?

There is already a driver which supports that. However, I am afraid it
could become outdated as new postgres versions are published.
The driver I am speaking of is available at http://lbdpc15.epfl.ch
Details at: http://lbdpc15.epfl.ch/PAS/Postgres/

Are there plans to adopt that functionality?

Thank You,

Hans

P.S.:
I just joined the list, therefore I do not know if this is FAQ.
However, I could not find anything about asynchronous notifications
in the standard jdbc driver.

--
Johann Uhrmann
xpecto AG | Lindenstrasse 81 | D-84030 Ergolding