Re: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23 Jul 2003 at 13:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I thought glibc was the one to introduce libc_r in the first place ---
> are they making libc thread-safe now?

AFAIK, glibc plays all threadsafe in glibc2. Don't know prior to that. Of
course they do record if some of the routines are not thread safe but there is
no separate library as such.

by now, it is over all threadsafe. I don't have list of exceptions, but surely
they are pretty small, if any.

> What OS's are still using libc_r for threaded-ness?  I never liked that
> approach myself, and I resist adding it to our setup unless it is
> required.

FreeBSD and windows..:-) Two I know of..

> As for the configure flag, we still need it because we don't know the
> flags required by all our supported OS's.

Agreed.

ByeShridhar

--
"Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright, whitelight. It's God. No, not Richard Stallman,
orLinus Torvalds, but God. Ina booming voice, He says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX SYSTEMFOR THE