Re: Win32 port - current status? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Win32 port - current status?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Claudio Natoli wrote:
> just wondering if the guys involved in the Win32 port could give a quick
> update?
>
> I'm just (one of the many?) hanging out for this, to justify continued use
> of Postgres to the powers that be. Seems like there has been no word on this
> for a couple weeks, and I'm not even sure whether or not it has made/will
> make it into 7.4? Perhaps I've missed a crucial message somewhere...

Well, I was going to post a link to the message in the archives, but it
appears the archives aren't getting updated -- last good message is from
Philip Yarra at about 1400 on 10 July. Here's a copy of what Bruce
posted to HACKERS on July 10 later in the day:
  "As some of you may already have realized, the Win32 port and   point-in-time recovery (PITR) will not be in the 7.4
release.I was   working on Win32, but ran out of time.  Jan did not help.  Patrick   was working on PITR, but ran out
oftime too, and J.R might be   helping him."

   My new plan is for us to work on Win32 and PITR during the 7.4 beta.   If they can be completed in time for 7.4
final,we will add those   features and push out a 7.5 release soon afterwards.

   This give us a nice short-term deadline to shoot for again."

Joe