Re: Database Upgrade scripts (AKA Conditional SQL execution) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Database Upgrade scripts (AKA Conditional SQL execution)
Date
List pgsql-sql
Richard Rowell wrote:
> Can I accomplish this with postgresql without involving an external
> process (like say perl)?  I guess I could put the upgrade stuff into
> PL/SQL functions and just drop the functions when I'm done, but I was
> hoping for something a little "cleaner".

There is no way (currently at least) to do this without some kind of
function. I've done it in the past with PL/pgSQL. We've had brief
discussions in the past about how this could be supported, but nothing
conclusive, and no one has cared enough to scratch this particular itch.

Joe