Re: Concat and view - Re: create view error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject Re: Concat and view - Re: create view error
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Monday 07 Jul 2003 3:34 pm, Richard Huxton wrote:
> On Monday 07 Jul 2003 2:12 pm, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > I've managed to get the view I wanted by using sub-selects - as shown
> > below, but I now have the 'lid' field showing in the resulting view three
> > times (as lid, lnid and lnaid).  How can I remove lnid and lnaid from the
> > result?
> >
> > create view loco_dets as
> >   select * from locos l
> >       left outer join
>
> [snip]
>
> Don't do "select *" do "select field_a,field_b..." - the * doesn't just
> refer to the locos table.

Sorry if I didn't make myself plain enough, but I had

create view loco_dets as    select * from locos l               -- includes lid which I want      left outer join
 (select lnid, lnumber.......) ln on ln.lnid = l.lid

The problem is that I have to have lnid in the sub-select to allow the 'on'
clause to work, but I don't want lnid to appear in the resulting view.

--
Gary Stainburn