Re: pgadmin3 font patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: pgadmin3 font patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Hi Andreas.
>
>From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
>(snip)
>

>>I'm not too happy about the font changing patches you posted, especially
>>the one that changed the font in ctlSQLBox back from fixed to normal.
>>Using a fixed font for SQL editing is a requirement.
>>Please find out which fixed font works for you, of if the usability of
>>wxMODERN can be determined at runtime.
>>If there's absolutely no other way, we'd need to have an option for this.
>>

>Oh. I am sorry.
>The original was hurt in such meaning.
>How is it with this patch?
>It was sufficient with my environment.

Hi Hiroshi,
that fix doesn't work, because it only declares the default font to be
wxMODERN, but it actually won't act like that. It's still variable pitch.
What's going wrong if the previous implementation wxFont(9, wxMODERN,
wxNORMAL, wxNORMAL) is used?

Regards,
Andreas