Re: How to submit Tsearch V2 ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: How to submit Tsearch V2 ?
Date
Re: How to submit Tsearch V2 ?  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
I think with upgrade X.Y to X.Y+1 version of pgsql you need dump/restore all
databases, isn't it?

So, for upgrading tsearch to V2 you need to do following:
1 rename columns or typecast for type txtidx to tsvector,  query_txt to tsquery
2 rename function txt2txtidx to to_tsvector, ( may be to strip(to_tsvector()),  now tsvector has information for
ranking), trigger 'tsearch' isn't changed

3 operator class (in create index command) gist_txtidx_ops to gist_tsvector_ops
4 In queries: operator ## to @@ to_tsquery() and remove mquery_txt typecast
5 If your locale of pgsql differ from 'C', execute before first query  select set_curcfg('default');

That's all. So upgrade from v1 to v2 isn't difficult.

Teodor Sigaev                                  E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru