Re: PHP/PgSQL *and* libpq ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PHP/PgSQL *and* libpq ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Robert Treat wrote:
>
>> Seems like we should also allow for a windows specific distribution of libpq
>> as well.
>
> I thought that the win32 stuff was being included as part of the base
> distribution?  IF so, wouldn't such already be included in any
> libpq.tar.gz we created?  Is there a reason why we'd need a
> libpq-win.tar.gz (assuming that that is what you are suggesting?) ... ?

I think he meant a separate binary, somehow installer-wrapped libpq.dll
- right?

Honestly I think that doesn't do much for windows. It would only do if
we would add many other, more or less dependant interfaces, like ODBC,
Pgtcl, Pgperl?, JDBC, MyDBC ... but then we get into all the license,
packaging, distribution hassle.

Jan