Re: UPDATE has a bug to update tables with an index of 2 columns - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andreas Schmitz
Subject Re: UPDATE has a bug to update tables with an index of 2 columns
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Ian Barwick wrote:

>I would contend this is not a bug but a feature (or at most
>not-yet-implemented functionality, i.e. no ability to defer
>constraints other than foreign keys).

Oh, I don't think so, because when I use some complex WHERE clause the
statements don't use the index uq_test  (EXPLAIN...) and it works find.

This Statement works also fine:

update test2 set v1=0 where v1=0;

And therefor, I think this is a bug.

>A possible workaround would be to create a trigger which
>enforces the constraint.

What do you mean with enforces the constraint? Sorry, I can't follow
you. Can you describe, how I enforce the Constraint?

Thanx a lot.

Best regards
--
Andreas Schmitz
AS-DataService <http://www.as-dataservice.de>

Tel.: (0 65 62) 93 05 17
Fax: (0 65 62) 93 05 18
Email: andreas.schmitz@as-dataservice.de
<mailto:andreas.schmitz@as-dataservice.de>

Ust-IdNr.: DE211466407
Handelsregister: HRA 1869 - Amtsgericht Bitburg
<http://www.as-dataservice.de>