Re: UPDATE has a bug to update tables with an index of 2 columns - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: UPDATE has a bug to update tables with an index of 2 columns
Date
Re: UPDATE has a bug to update tables with an index of 2  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Friday 16 May 2003 21:46, Andreas Schmitz wrote:

> Please enter a FULL description of your problem:
>
> Short: UPDATE has a bug to update tables with an index of 2 columns
(...)
> update test2 set v2=3Dv2+2;
> ERROR:  Duplizierter Wert kann nicht in =BBUnique=AB-Index uq_test
>         eingef=FCgt werden

-> "Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index uq_test"

I would contend this is not a bug but a feature (or at most
not-yet-implemented functionality, i.e. no ability to defer
constraints other than foreign keys).

A possible workaround would be to create a trigger which
enforces the constraint.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net