Re: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Also, if you compiled Postgres yourself, it would be worth the trouble
> to recompile with --enable-debug and --enable-cassert added to whatever
> configure parameters you used before.  I'm not sure what it takes to do
> the equivalent in an RPM-based installation.

Get the source RPM and install it. Then read
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-7.3.2/README.rpm-dist, specifically the
section called "REBUILDING FROM SOURCE RPM". The executive summary is
you run something like this:

rpm --rebuild --define 'beta 1' postgresql-7.3.2-1PGDG.src.rpm

On Red Hat 8 & 9 use `rpmbuild` instead of `rpm`

The "beta" option compiles with --enable-debug and --enable-cassert. It
also disables stripping of symbols from the binaries.

Joe