Re: Performance problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: Performance problems
Date
List pgsql-general
You know,
    It'd be nice if there was a system table, or command that showed the number and/or percentage of tuples needing to
bevacuumed. If table are only affected by tuples formerly in them, then the table/function could show the value per
table.If any discarded tuples affect all tables, then a global table/function would be warranted.

    A minimally compute intensive chron job or ON DELETE trigger could then call vacuum full at a certain percentage.
Also,what kind of memory management ( in the postgres application ) could be written that pushes deleted/unused tuples
outof any caches or scopes to at least lengthen the time between vacuums?