Re: Problem while building SRPM PostgreSQL on Red Hat Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Problem while building SRPM PostgreSQL on Red Hat Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>
>>hba.c:82: conflicting types for `isblank'
>>/usr/include/ctype.h:128: previous declaration of `isblank'
>>make[3]: *** [hba.o] Error 1
>
> [ scratches head ... ]  They have both a macro and an extern definition
> of isblank?  What is the latter exactly?

This is from /usr/include/ctype.h on a clean install of Red Hat 9:

/* ISO C99 introduced one new function.  */
#ifdef    __USE_ISOC99
__BEGIN_NAMESPACE_C99

__exctype (isblank);

__END_NAMESPACE_C99
#endif

> Mebbe the best answer is just to rename our function to pg_isblank...

Sounds like the ticket.

Joe