Re: Problem while building SRPM PostgreSQL on Red Hat Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem while building SRPM PostgreSQL on Red Hat Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> hba.c:82: conflicting types for `isblank'
> /usr/include/ctype.h:128: previous declaration of `isblank'
> make[3]: *** [hba.o] Error 1

[ scratches head ... ]  They have both a macro and an extern definition
of isblank?  What is the latter exactly?

> Any reason not to apply the following?

I was worried about whether the platform's definition of isblank would
be exactly what we need or not.  In particular, it has to accept \r and
reject \n or we've got problems --- *big* problems if it accepts \n.
AFAIK this function isn't standardized so there's no strong reason to
assume it will work in a particular way.

Mebbe the best answer is just to rename our function to pg_isblank...

            regards, tom lane